Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thing #18

Ok, I love Open Office! This a great tool that can be used throughout the education field. I personally like this tool because users are allowed to create documents that is compatible on any computer and its FREE!!!! I have been a MAC user and PC has not always been my first choice. I have been challenged to buy software to be able to complete assignments. A site like this makes creating, similar to Microsoft Office.

When purchasing computers adding Word Processing and things found in Microsoft Office can be expensive (it is not included software) and is usually offered only through a trial period. Students can use this resource at home and at school, cutting the cost of software for schools. Disadvantages might include whether or not its as accessible to all audiences. It also a tool that is not as popular as Microsoft Office, so getting users involved could be a challenge.

Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment