Saturday, July 3, 2010

Thing #13

I have used social networking tags before. It was a pretty neat tool when I discovered it. I used Dingo previously and found it very helpful. I think that they are a great tool to use when researching the Internet for professional things as well as for personal items.

Libraries and classroom can use to their advantage in many ways. Teachers can use this tool to categorize sites that students can benefit from and label them according to subjects. Teachers can use this tool as a way to tag sites for their productivity. Librarians can utilize tags by organize appropriate links to authors sites and genre driven books/sites that are student friendly.

There are times when they are a nuisance when people are writing things that are inappropriate to what is relevant.The tags sometimes get in my way too, but overall a great tool and fun to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment